This is the year—
You’re probably humming a popular Beatles tune by now. It seems shocking, but this is the year it will be accurate when I sing along, “Will you still need me…when I’m 64?”
It’s no mistake that I went into the anti-aging business. This choice was an extension of how I lived my life. Always nutrition and diet conscious, always an exercise enthusiast, and makeup lover—the only business I could be in is one that's all about how to look good and feel great!
I’d never say that I still see the same woman in the mirror as when I started, nor that I always like what I see as my numbers increase. But why criticize when I have a fabulous box of tools? I like to do what works—from diet to exercise to anti-aging disciplines, And I like to l share my regime as I make the necessary changes, so here are some of my favorite things to do leading up to “when I'm 64.”
TOP ANTI-AGING AND HEALTH TIPS.
- Meditate every morning for 45-60 minutes (ongoing 24 years!)
- Exercise 3 times a week for 45 minutes with weights
- Drink Fire Water: 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, 1 TBSP honey. Add 12 oz. boiling water, mix, and sip. I have two a day.
- Coffee, then breakfast of a smoothie of mixed fruit and veggies, or fresh fruit and yogurt. Often I eat fruit crumble topped with yogurt. (see recipe below!)
- Enjoy a leisurely bath in a tub of essential oils (See the Aromatherapy Beauty Guide) My favorite oils to bathe with are either Patchouli, Sandalwood, or Lavander and I always add Epsom salts and a carrier oil to the bath water.
- Of course, I always wash (Warsh!) my face with the Warsh Cloth for Her
- I give myself a daily feather treatment with my own Microcurrent MDXminiPro (designed for use at home and available here!) and also feather in my own Maxine Warsh Collagen Correction Black Label product—for 5-8 minutes. (It works wonders!)
- Then I put on the day's makeup (As I age, I need more illumination. I like Illumalift Brightener and Concealer so much I started carrying this breakthrough makeup for my clients.)
As I seek more help to keep the youthful glow, I use the best experts in all related fields of natural anti-aging and introduce them to my clients. This year I introduced Dr. Biba to add Mesotherapy to the range of services. (For when you need a little more of an anti-aging boost, and if you're in the Toronto area—try Collagen MesoTherapy Lifts). The skin loves the collagen boost and the microcurrent maintains the long-lasting effects. Dr. Biba is also offering hyaluronic fillers when necessary. So subtle and oh so helpful...never say never! I love my work.
After work, I concentrate on the favorite part of my life, my husband. I love taking care of him and we both like our evenings together. While we try to eat our largest meal at lunch time, I concentrate on dinner with a healthy imagination and think about weight control. What we eat in the evening depends on what we had for lunch and whether we’re working out the next morning. Dinner is usually light and nutritious consisting of a salad as a meal or side dish, protein, and veggies. (I like to make cauliflower pizza--stay tuned for that great and healthy recipe--coming soon!)
And there’s always room for dessert!
Recipe: Healthy Berries Plus
- Add a large amount of mixed berries to a baking dish
- Top with 2/3 cup of almond flour, 1 heaping cup of oats, 3 heaping TBSP's coconut oil, 1/3 cup of maple syrup.
- Mix this topping and coat the berries.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Eat as a dessert and for breakfast. I often add nuts, seeds, and raisins as a topping.
“I don’t believe in “Beauty Secrets.” I believe in sharing since I love seeing everyone looking and feeling their best.” Maxine Warsh